675 211 967 info@nie-malaga.com

Secure Spanish
residency after

Welcome to Spainresidency.es

This website is for British Citizens living in Spain who do not hold Spanish residency.

Its still not too late to secure residency under the terms of theWithdrawal Agreement, as long as you can demonstrate that you actually and effectively started living in Spain before 31 December 2020 and you can meet the EU residency criteria on income and healthcare.

We also offer a service for UK residents in Spain who hold the Green paper residency certificate and want to update it to the new TIE (Tarjeta de Identidad Extranjero) card.

We can help secure residency or update existing Green residency certificates.

Brexit in a nutshell

As of 1st January 2021 of the status of British citizens living in Spain has changed from EU citizens to ‘third-country nationals‘. As a consequence British citizens are no longer have the right to ‘freedom of movement’ or work within the EU.

If you want to stay in Spain for more than 90 days in any given 180 day period the only option now is to secure Spanish residency.


How to secure Spanish Residency post Brexit


1, Your have a Green paper Residency certificate:

Actually, you don’t need to do anything! You have legal residency status under the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement.

There is no legal requirement to swap out your Green residency certificate for the new bio metric TIE residency card. However, both the Spanish and UK governments encourage you to do so.

2, You don't have Spanish residency but can prove you lived in Spain before Brexit

You ARE entitled to apply for the TIE Spanish residency card, with rights covered by the Withdrawal Agreement, as long as you can prove you were living legally in Spain before 2021.

You will also have to demonstrate that you actually and effectively started living in Spain before 31 December 2020. You must also meet the EU residency criteria on income and healthcare.

    How to make a fresh residency application – “The Withdraw agreement”

    3, You want to live in Spain after Brexit

    For those wishing to spend more than 90 days in Spain, a visa is now necessary. There are a variety available, depending on the purpose of the visit, including:

    • a golden visa
    • non-lucrative visa
    • entrepreneur visa
    • a student or work visa.

    We’re here to help!

    We can get your Spanish residency, but we can also get you other, official documents required to live in Spain legally, such as registering with the Social Security (INSS) or the NIE (Número de identidad de extranjero) quickly.

    We value our customers’ individual needs and requirements and offer  solutions to fit your needs. We will advise on your situation, schedule appointments and fill out paperwork and do any translations if required as well as accompany you to a Police Station appointment.

    × Contact WhatsApp